Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes












Well I'm finally up to date. These are the cupcakes I made about 4 days ago. They're cherry chip cupcakes with chocolate frosting and either a cherry sour or a twin cherry gummy on top. They're delicious. I made the cupcakes from a box mix, simply for convenience and the fact that I was just making them for myself really.
Here's the recipe I used for the frosting, which is by far the most amazingly chocolatey frosting I've made:
Hershey's "Perfect Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting (from the Hershey's website)
  • 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 2/3 c. Hershey's cocoa (any cocoa will do of course)
  • 3 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Yields about 2 cups frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...