Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sigh.

So the Super Secret Cupcakes were for my cousin Brian's birthday. I made them at the request of his sister, my cousin Teela. They were yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting and fondant bobcat toppers (since he goes to Texas State). They turned out pretty awesome. For the toppers, I had wanted to do a maroon cut-out circle, with a yellow/gold cut-out bobcat logo on top. Well, the temperature was pretty high that day, and it was enough of a hassle getting the maroon fondant to work with me. The yellow fondant (which was to be topped with gold luster dust) refused to cooperate. I was running out of time, so I decided to paint the bobcat logos on the maroon fondant with the luster dust instead! I applied the luster dust with Wilton Butter Flavoring. It smelled soooooo good. I didn't take any pictures, but hopefully Teela did and I'll be able to post them soon!

Here's the bobcat logo, for those of you wondering:


The "Sigh" title is due to the fact that my butthead of a cousin Brian was unable to receive the cupcakes because he couldn't make time to have Teela bring them by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...