Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gift Idea

The holidays are just around the corner! No, seriously, Christmas is only FORTY-FOUR days away! Can you believe it??? I know, it snuck up on me too.

For those of you who, like me, are freaking out over what to give people this year and wondering why you didn't start shopping in September like you always say you will, I've got a solution.

Here's my Gram thrilled with hers. I used it for her birthday gift, so I know people love it.
 Creole Seasoning Blend Jars! Now, I know it's not the most original idea ever, but this seasoning blend is so awesome that I had to share it with you. You can pretty much put it on anything for instant Cajun/Creole food.

Creole Seasoning Blend Recipe (from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 tablespoons dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
  • 5 tablespoons paprika
  • 3 tablespoons salt

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, combine onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt. Store in an airtight container.


Super easy, super flavorful, and super awesome gift! Just put it in a cute little jar, maybe tie on a little cute measuring spoon, add a tag with the ingredients so they can make more if they run out, and you're done!

I got the little jars at Walmart:

I got my gift tags there too, but can't find them on the site. Any gift tag will do, as long as it has room on the back to write the ingredients!

I attached a decorative tea scoop I found at my local grocery store with raffia, but any decorative spoon or ribbon will do.

If you use this idea, or have a better one, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...